When facing divorce we know it will affect our children but we might think that they will adapt and be ok in the end. We do our best to understand them and support them, but sometimes they may need some extra help in dealing with these changes. These are some warning signs that your child is having a hard time coping and needs help:
• The child becomes withdrawn, choosing not to participate in activities they normally would, or play with friends like they used to.
• The child may get in trouble at school or in after-school activities when they didn’t before.
• They start developing angry outbursts.
• They become very anxious and unsure of changes around them.
• They seem depressed and sad
• They start getting into trouble at school.
If you notice any of these changes in your child do not ignore them. Getting them the help they need to cope can be as simple as a therapeutic art workshop, where they can learn to deal with their feelings in a fun, creative way.